People on the move in the P&C insurance industry: Dec. 22, 2017
Capital Insurance Group has appointed Kevin Floth and Ben Lyman agency development managers. Before joining CIG, Floth served as a business development consultant for QBE Insurance Group North America; Lyman served as a commercial insurance provider for HUB International.
Julie McKenna has been appointed vice president of business development for Seibels. McKenna has over 20 years of experience in the insurance and technology industries and was most recently the Director of National Accounts at Guidewire Software, a provider of software products to property & casualty insurers.
The Travelers Companies Inc. has announced that Brian MacLean, President and COO, will retire after 30 years with the company, effective March 31, 2018. As a result of MacLean’s retirement, Travelers is realigning the reporting structure of its business leaders.
Steve Blakey has been appointed president and CEO of Starr Insurance Holdings. He replaces Chuck Dangelo, who has announced his retirement.
Allianz Group’s specialist corporate insurer Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE has announced the following changes to its Board of Management, which take effect in 2018:
- From July 1, 2018, COO Sinéad Browne moves to a new Board-level role at AGCS, taking over from Chief Regions and Markets Officer, Carsten Scheffel, who retires from his role at the end of June.
- Bettina Dietsche, currently Head of Group Operations at Allianz SE in Munich joins AGCS on April 1, 2018, to succeed Ms. Browne as COO, subject to approvals of the regulator and the Supervisory Board.
- Chief Claims Officer Alexander Mack will retire from AGCS on June 30, 2018.
- Philipp Cremer will take on the non-Board level role of Global Head of Claims.
Stephen Feron has been appointed senior vice president for Integro Insurance Brokers‘ Marine practice. Feron joins Integro from Chubb where he rose to senior marine underwriter.
Richard Yeoman has been appointed Branch Executive for Ironshore Inc.‘s Dallas region, effective January 2018. Prior to his appointment, he served Liberty Mutual’s Middle Market unit as a commercial lines underwriting manager.
Global law firm Clyde & Co has hired 15 insurance and litigation partners from Sedgwick LLP. They are predominately based in three offices in California, as well as Chicago, New York and Miami.
- Ralph A. Guirgis, Margaret M. Holm, Curtis D Parvin and Sean R. Simpson will be based in Orange County.
- Craig S. Barnes, Alison K. Beanum, James J.S. Holmes and Susan Koehler Sullivan will be based in Los Angeles.
- Bruce D. Celebrezze, Brian D. Harrison, Martin J. O’Leary and Alexander E. Potente will be based in San Francisco.
- Katelin O’Rourke Gorman will be based in New York.
- Alfred C. Warrington V will be based in Miami.
- Catalina J. Sugayan will be based in Chicago.